I have had blogging on my mind for years. I know what you are thinking. “Does he really have time to mess with this?” or, “Really, do we need another blogger out there?”
Well, first, I spend so much time thinking, talking, cooking and eating food. Yes, there’s South Union Bakery, Centro, the Gateway Market Café, Django and Zombie Burger + Drink Lab. Also, I have the radio show, the Kitchen Insider on KMFG 99.1 every Saturday at 10 a.m. But even that doesn’t seem to be enough. There’s so much to say. Blogging is a way to share a life’s passion.
Just as important, blogs can be fun when they help you get to know a how a person looks at part of the world. I will talk about food – the appropriate “F” word. You might not agree with everything I write. But you will learn how I feel about food and what it means to me.
This blog is called “The Formaro Files.” But the first name I thought of was “The F Files.” Those who spend some time around me know I actually use quite a few words that start with the letter “F.” So it seemed natural. If you keep reading, you will find out that I am crazy, sensitive, passionate, loud and crazy.
I like crazy. I also like having fun – another “F” word – whenever possible. I take food, my passion, very seriously, but I am not at all a serious person.
That said, here’s some topics I will be talking about…
- Jonesin’ for a burger – a better burger using better products
- Pizza fix for pizza junkies (Gateway Market can be like a crack house for DIY pizza addicts!)
- Food Porn. You know when you see it.
- Comfort food classics
- Takeaway favorites
- Comfort food makeovers
- Food that tastes naughty (but it’s not)
- No recipe, recipes
- Best breakfast food anytime
- Post-midnight snacks
- Comfort foods gone vegetarian
- Football Food
- Red alert! In-season products!
- Diners gone wild
- Food for the morning after
- Best dishes from around the world
- Like mom used to make